Potty train your stubborn three year old in five days
And the time came when we had try to potty train Stella since she was two, but it didn't work out. Some people say is better to do it during Summer time. Well we were a away for a month during summer time in Perú and we couldn't do it. Upon our return, I started to read about how to potty train your kid, so I had an idea because I honestly didn't even know where to start. I just wanted to spank her once so she understood quickly, but that wouldn't make things better, it would get things worse, especially if your kid is super stubborn like mine. My Pre- Potty recommendations:
- Stay at home at least FIVE days with your kid, no activities other than those around the house, to prevent "pee pee" accidents while you are at the grocery store or doing errands.
- Start from showing your kid how you "pee pee" from sitting, wiping your butt and flushing the toilet.
- Integrate barbies, babies or any favorite toy to the potty training time. Pretend barbie is going pee pee and show your kid how happy barbie it is to go pee pee. I know it may sounds "cu-cu" but your kid will feel related to that.
- Find a toilet sit that your kid like. Some come with music, some has its favorite character, some are the portable potty's. And get ready because even though you buy your kid's favorite character toilet sit, when your kid tries it, he/she may not like it anymore. Or you may buy the portable potty, so your kid is more comfortable and he/she may just want to use the big toilet like everyone else in the house.
- PATIENCE, and I will continue with this last recommendation PATIENCE, and if your kid is stubborn like mine MORE PATIENCE.