Four reasons to raise Bilingual Children
Happy Monday Everyone! [embed]https://youtu.be/SeivD6ZoQf0[/embed] The video above is my daughter and I singing a bilingual song. I am raising my children to be bilingual and I have been seeing many news articles recently discussing bilingual children along with the advantages they have. Below, I have summed up some of the advantages for bilingual children.
- Speaking two languages helps preserve both cultures and keeps the children connected to extended family who only speak their native tongue.
- Learning a second language early on makes it easier for children to acquire new languages later in life.
- Job opportunities grow in numbers as the kids grow older for bilingual speakers.
- Reading skills tend to come earlier to bilingual children.
- It is a huge commitment. Your children aren't going to learn these languages overnight.
- You have to be consistent. Use a mix of your language around your kids and be sure not to get comfortable in just one.
- You will be so happy and proud once your children speak in their own newly-learned language to friends and family.
- This is something that you will never regret. You are giving your children incredible learning opportunities that will stay with them forever.